December 7, 2014

The Christmas Tree


Our annual trek to a tree farm near Sorel, Quebec about an hour from where we live.
My husband and my youngest daughter Chloé on their way. An excited Meeko in the lead.
A gorgeous but very cold day. -13C (12F)
Me and Meeko (photo by Emma)
Beautiful milkweed.
Chloé makes a valiant plea for the Charlie Brown tree.
Meeko with Emma (photo by Emma)
The one! We walked through three fields of the plantation to find it.
Sisters. 
Best to sit for long jobs.
When is this tree-cutting part over?
Crazy how early the sun starts dipping in the sky this time of year.
Last view of the tree farm as we drive away. See you next year!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the adventure's photos in the magic winter wonderland. I enjoy very much these glimpses of your life Kathleen, althoug I don't comment much here... Your daughters are beautiful and all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria, for visiting and commenting. I find it hard to keep up with everyone's blog too. Emma and Chloé are grown up! It's wonderful and tugs at my heart all at the same time! xo

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)