August 9, 2011

My Paintings

In past months, I have been painting more regularly.  Flowers, more often than not, tend to be my inspiration.

Tulip and Snowdrop paintings (both on 140 lb. Arches paper)

I like to paint small formats but occasionally will paint a larger painting like the 11½ x 15 inch painting below.  Some people wouldn't consider this to be large, but it is for me!

Wildflowers on 300 lb. Arches paper

The painting below is smaller.  The paper measures 7 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches.  Just because the format is smaller, don't assume that I painted it quickly!  I am a slowpoke painter. I work slowly and love detail. The Paris Flower Market painting took ages--both because there is so much detail in the flowers and the 300 lb. paper seemed to be eating my paint!   I'm not certain that it is finished yet.

Paris Flower Market on 300 lb. Arches paper

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the blog world kathleen!
    what a lovely start
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Arounna. Your blog is one of the ones that inspired me. :)

    I have lots to learn but I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your drawings. The last one is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Flamie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)