October 25, 2011

A little blue sky

Well, for sanity's sake, I had to put a new post up so I didn't keep having to look at the moody photos of my last one!  If Mother Nature isn't going to supply the blue sky, I will do it myself.

This painting is quite unusual for me.  There isn't a lot of detail.  It is more impressionistic than many of my works and I really like the way it turned out.  It's no place in particular--just a happy, sunny spot in my head.  I can imagine plopping myself down in the middle of the field and watching the puffy clouds go by.

It's actually the print rather than the original painting showing in both photos and I think it has turned out quite well.

Here is the print in a simple white frame:


I am working hard at getting my things ready for my Etsy opening.  There's a lot of time involved in taking photos, adding shop information and assembling mailing materials. Plus, I tend to be a perfectionist in the way I do things and would like to have everything just right before opening. :)

*  *  *  *  *

I listen to a lot of music.  Songs get stuck in my head according to what's going on in my life and what I'm doing.  Here's the song that been playing in my head this morning:



As I've been writing this post,  Mother Nature has decided to send the real blue sky. Hurray!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)