December 4, 2012

The Joy of Paper

Do you have something that makes your heart go 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee', as if you were a young child flying through the air on a swing? That's the feeling I got as I opened this package full of paper.

I finally had a quiet moment to sit and open my order that arrived well over a week ago. It was full of beautiful handmade Twinrocker watercolour paper. Both Geninne and Diana had mentioned how much they liked it. I placed a small order a few months ago to give it a try and loved working with it. I did my painting of the French radish from my garden on it earlier this summer. I also did the painting of the serviceberry branch that was in my last post on Twinrocker paper.

This time, I ordered some round paper (oh, the delicious possibilities) and three different rectangular sizes. I love the feathered edges.

I am wearing my new copper ginkgo ring. It just arrived yesterday. I had forgotten that I had birthday money to spend (my birthday was way back in July). That's even better than finding some change in a jacket pocket. I wear it the opposite way to how the Tattooed Tinker model wears it in the photo and absolutely adore it. And I still have some money left over. :)
Here's a closer look at the ring. Excuse my non-model's hands. :)
If you have an artist on your Christmas gift list, beautiful paper is certainly a lovely idea. You can check out the inventory offered by Twinrocker here.

*  *  *  *  * 

Pssssst! All of my holiday cards are currently 25% off in my Etsy shop.


4 comments:

  1. oh Kathleen, like you I am crazy about paper as well. These look amazing. I am sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful paper makes my heart race. Books with deckle edge pages too. :)

      Delete
  2. I do love paper..and paint and brushes, etc! Thanks for the info. I just ordered a sample of the white.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)