March 21, 2013

Happy Spring!


We are not enjoying spring weather here yet. We had a big snowstorm on Tuesday so our spring so far looks like the photo above. Meeko is enjoying his snowy walks so I am trying to concentrate on his joy while outside. Trust me, under that fur are happy eyes. :)

While inside, I am painting 'spring'. I started working on a painting yesterday that I have had in my head for the longest time. I wanted to 'paint' my blog and shop name. I chose the name 'Trowel and Paintbrush' because of how much I love both gardening and painting.


The second photo has a little more detail in the flower.  I've used Fabriano Artistico soft-press 140 lb. paper for this painting. It's the first time I've used their soft press paper (a grade between cold press and hot press). I'm not sure how much I like it yet but it is very easy to lift and push colours around on it which you can't always do on other papers. 

In the past couple of weeks, I have also put the finishing details on paintings that were in my 'almost finished' pile. I've already posted these on Facebook and Twitter but will include them here for those who only follow me here. 


So as you can see, there is a winter palette outdoors but the palette inside my head is definitely one of spring! The first day of spring was yesterday here but I am still celebrating. And happy autumn to my friends down under!

4 comments:

  1. Your little dog is so cute, enjoying playing in the snow, while you are painting, how lovely your title looks as a picture I love the soft style of your painting.Hope you enjoyed the first day of spring even though you still have snow.
    I am a new follower and enjoying reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. Meeko says thanks too. It's snowing again this morning, we just need to grin and bear it. The crocuses and tulips can't be that far away! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work - I love the composition of the trowel and paintbrush painting. Gorgeous dog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janet, for your kind words about my painting and Meeko. (P.S. He agrees.)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)